scroll down

U11 Orley Farm Football Tournament

11/10/2014

Today we hosted 7 teams in a wonderful tournament that saw hot competition and some fantastic football!  Congratulations to Beechwood who went on to win the day in a tense penalty shootout after extra time.  But what struck me above everything was the spirit of the day.  I was inspired by the number of parents and pupils from all schools who chose to end their day by thanking Mr Bloom for organising the event, with personal words and proper handshake!  This might well seem like a strange thing to write about rather than results but there can all too often be a lack of dignity and etiquette in this modern age and therefore to see evidence of these rare commodities seems worthy of highlighting!

I would like to thank the parents and coaches for taking time out of their weekends to come together for such a worthy day that contained more than just football!  I would add a special thanks to Mr Bloom for organising the day…attention to detail is everything and I overheard a parent from Beechwood commenting…

I have been to many tournaments organised by many schools, including senior schools, and this one is the best on the circuit!

I have no doubt that Orley pupils and parents are equally complementary when we visit other schools as it certainly ensures that events like this continue.

Tim Calvey