scroll down

The Orley Farm 2016 Netball Festival

30/11/2016

This afternoon there were a number of hasty meetings called to talk about whether we could host this event as the entire astro-pitch was frozen solid…and yet the sun was shining beautifully.  I am delighted to say that Rob worked his magic moving pitch markings and brushing the pitch, before 9 schools arrived bringing 22 teams and a staggering 220 girls to compete in our wonderful annual Netball Festival.  When I arrived I was surrounded by our girls who were having the time of their lives despite the sub zero temperatures.  I’m not sure whether this euphoria was fuelled by the excitement of playing or the seemingly endless supply of KitKat bars but I’m going with the former!  There was a lovely atmosphere and games were being played competitively but also in a wonderful spirit.  A massive thank you to Miss Hehir and Miss Young for making the most of this great event, pupils and parents spoke very highly of the organisation and spirit of the day!  And thank you for arranging that glorious sunset to cap it all off…!

Tim Calvey