In the Media Studies Edge sessions, pupils are transformed from media users into media producers. Working together as they learn to master newer types of technology, the pupils produce a wide range of media including:
- Live online broadcasts
- Pupils assist staff and different department around school as needed. As part of the Year 8 Leadership Programme, Year 8’s also grow a number of crops, with profits going to the school charity.
This is a fluid activity depending on the time of year.
- Putting up a tent
- Cooking outdoors
Pupils will be provided with basic instruction on the use of DSLR cameras
- Importance of light and framing
- Understanding depth of field
- Producing a photo book of their work
- Simple meals will be prepared and eaten
- Meal planning and healthy eating
Friday saw the Edge Survival and Cooking groups join forces for some barbecuing in the meadow. The survival team built a fire whilst the chefs came up with some tasty kebab recipes and Year 8 had a feast! #OFScreativity #OFSinitiative pic.twitter.com/9EFbswn5lM
— Orley Farm School (@OrleyFarmSchool) January 27, 2020