In the Media Studies Edge sessions, pupils are transformed from media users into media producers. Working together as they learn to master newer types of technology, the pupils produce a wide range of media including:
- Live online broadcasts
Contact the Elderly
Visiting elderly people and appreciating the benefits to both parties.
- Visits to a local care home with supervised contact
- Hosting a tea party which the pupils will organise
This is a fluid activity depending on the time of year.
- Putting up a tent
- Cooking outdoors
Pupils will be provided with basic instruction on the use of DSLR cameras
- Importance of light and framing
- Understanding depth of field
- Producing a photo book of their work
- Simple meals will be prepared and eaten
- Meal planning and healthy eating