This exciting week is an integral part of education at Orley Farm and all pupils from Year 4 participate. It allows the pupils to explore a variety of emotional, social and intellectual challenges. Staff and pupils alike gain a huge amount from their experience away and bring back happy memories and stories to tell.
We feel so strongly that this is an integral part of the Orley Farm educational experience that governors insisted that we do not ask for additional payments for this week – this is rather unique as most preparatory schools will put this substantial additional fee onto the summer bill!
ALL EXPEDITIONS ARE INCLUDED IN THE SCHOOL FEES.
At Orley Farm we believe Expedition Week should incorporate outdoor education opportunities and encompass:
- An educational element which stimulates personal and social development
- An experience which includes themes of ‘outdoor’, ‘adventure’ and ‘education’
- Learning as a process which utilises direct experience
- An increased self and social awareness, plus increased awareness of community and environment
- Challenging opportunities increasing self-esteem and encouraging students to operate outside of their “comfort zone”
For 2020, the Year groups will be going to:
Year 4: Buckinghamshire
Year 5: Poole in Dorset
Year 6: Normandy, France
Year 7: The Ardeche, France
Year 8: The Mediterranean and the Pyrenees, France and Spain