The School Council is a democratically elected group of students who represent their peers in Years 2 to 8.
Form Captains collect ideas during form discussions and offer these for discussion and action at the Council meetings throughout the term. Year group representatives also meet with the Headmaster for ‘Headmaster’s question time,’ which is streamed live for students and parents to watch.
The Orley Farm School Council has been active in:
- Helping to select playground equipment
- Ensuring the tepee is maintained
- Deciding on new playground markings
- Looking at links between Pre-Prep and Years 3-8
- Providing feedback and suggestions to the food committee
- Supporting the OFA with various stalls at the Christmas and Summer Fairs
- Rotating the lunch queue order
- Providing a greater variety of snacks for 1st break