The School Council is a democratically elected group of students who represent their peers in Years 2 to 8.
Form Captains collect ideas during form discussions and offer these for discussion and action at the Council meetings throughout the term. Year group representatives also meet with the Headmaster for ‘Headmaster’s question time,’ which is streamed live for students and parents to watch.
The Orley Farm School Council has been active in:
- Supporting WE
- Hand Sanitisers for the main buildings
- Deciding on new playground markings
- Purchasing new table tennis tables and fussball tables
- Providing feedback and suggestions to the food committee
- Supporting the OFA with various stalls at the Christmas and Summer Fairs
- Rotating the lunch queue order
- Providing a greater variety of snacks for 1st break
Our new School Council were awarded their badges today! Following this, they held their very first meeting where they discussed pupil led school development. We hope they have an amazing year driving our school forward! #OFSgoodjudgement pic.twitter.com/0TH8cJKxEc
— Orley Farm School (@OrleyFarmSchool) September 24, 2019
Congratulations to the House Captains who were presented with their badges in assembly today. Good luck in your new leadership roles. Which House will win the cup this year? We can’t wait for the events to get started! #OFSambition pic.twitter.com/OVV8A6c5DI
— Orley Farm School (@OrleyFarmSchool) September 4, 2019